Somehow, Christmas has passed, and I haven’t given all our gifts yet. I’m not sure how it happened, but it did.
I love giving gifts and am usually done with cards and gifts long before Christmas arrives. And to this list-making, pre-planning girl…procrastination is rather uncomfortable.
I woke up this morning with the NEED to get things done. Time to kick procrastination to the curb.
Better late than never?
For a handful of friends, I’m putting together Snow Day Survival Kits with an assortment of goodies to keep them warm on a snowy day.
Good thing we FINALLY got measurable snow in MN this week.
Simple, warm and tasty.
Each DIY Snow Day Survival Kit includes:
- Plastic storage container (Hello, dollar section of Target)
- Hot Chocolate Mix (Packets of Starbucks Salted Caramel and Starbucks Peppermint hot chocolate and/or small tin of specialty hot chocolate)
- Plain Marshmallows in cellophane bag
- Peppermint Marshmallows in cellophane bag
- Chocolate Covered Spoons (homemade using plastic spoons dipped in melted baking chocolate – dry on wax paper then wrap each chocolate end individually in plastic before packaging in cellophane bag)
- Baking Mix (Brownie, Blondie or Cookie Mix)
- Caramel Corn or Popcorn
The marshmallows and chocolate spoons were hand-packaged in cellophane bags. Labels were created using PicMonkey and attached with ribbon.
What you include in a Snow Day Survival Kit may vary depending on the recipient. The kits we made went to families with small children. If you are looking for other ideas, there are plenty of ways to personalize this gift!
Ideas to Personalize a Snow Day Survival Kit:
- Roll A Snowman Dice Game
- A Family Friendly DVD or RedBox gift certificate
- Hand and Feet Warmers
- Hats, Scarves or Mittens
- Warm fuzzy socks or slippers
- Book or Magazine
- Hand lotion
- Christmas Stovetop Potpourri Kit
- Coffee and Coffee Mug
- Cookie Mix and Cookie Cutters
- Cough Drops or Hard Candy
- Scripture Memory Cards
- Card games (Uno, Rook, Go Fish, etc.)
- Dry Soup or Chili Mix
- Snow Brick Maker
- DIY Snow Paint
- Coloring Books and Markers
- The Biggest, Best Snowman Book
Our family Christmas card and the note below were included in each gift.
These were fun and simple to put together and I think they turned out pretty cute.
Hopefully they bring some warmth and fun to our friends on the next snow day.