The more time I spend blogging and connecting with other bloggers, the more I am impressed with the talent and kindness of the blogging community. So many are willing to support each other, answer questions and encourage one another. I experienced a great encouragement and surprise this week when I was nominated by Two Little Homeschoolers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
First, THANK YOU Jessie for the nomination. It is an honor to be included in your nominations. It has been so fun to explore your blog and learn 7 more things about you from your award post!
I know you will love her blog as much as I do. She has great posts on organization, parenting and home school adventures. Check it out!
What is it?
The Versatile Blogger Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The goal is to recognize talent of peers in the blogging community and to help readers learn more about the actual people behind each blog nominated.
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and share their link.
• Nominate up to 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs. Also, inform them about the nomination.
• Reveal 7 facts about yourself that your readers may not know.
7 Facts About Me:
1. I’m Not Famous – When I graduated high school I decided to be a pharmacist. When friends told me it was a boring job, I joked that I would be a FAMOUS pharmacist. Well. I’m not a pharmacist. And I’m definitely not famous. My parents still tease me.
2. Costco is my happy place – It. Just. Is.
3. Brave For Kids – While I am not afraid of all bugs, I am afraid of spiders and bugs that just look creepy – you know what I mean. In high school I was bitten by a spider and had some kind of reaction to it. Ugh. It was terrifyingly nasty and left a scar. Motherhood has challenged me to be brave for the kids. Now, I resist the urge to SCREAM and run away. I take a deep breath and squish it (so gross) while praying it doesn’t crawl up my shoe. So far the kids are brave and I hope they always will be.
4. Sunday is the Fun-day – When I worked full-time, Sunday was not my favorite – work was looming and the weekend was escaping me. I am grateful to have the privilege of being home with our kids. Now Sunday is my favorite day of the week – I love to start the day worshiping Jesus at church, and then spending the day as a family.
5. Belly Flop Award – I learned swimming basics just before junior high and joined the swim team because all my friends were doing it. On the first day of practice I had no idea that front crawl was called freestyle, nor had I EVER attempted the butterfly. My breaststroke was faster than my freestyle (NOT good). The entire season, I belly-flopped my way into each race as my parents cheered me on, praying I wouldn’t drown. Guys, the Versatile Blogger Award isn’t my first award – I won the Belly Flop Award at the team banquet that year.
6. Awkward – I am an introvert and need time to process thoughts before speaking. I am fine one-on-one but often feel socially awkward in large groups. It’s hard to figure out when to join the conversation – sometimes I speak at the wrong time or miss my chance as conversation moves on. In large groups I’m usually quiet and listening, or talking with one or two people in the corner.
7. Hometown Reluctance – When we got married, I told my husband we would never live in my hometown. Roughly 10 years later, that is exactly where we moved. And we love it.
Want to know more? Read About Me or my very first blog post to learn more about why I began blogging.
Versatile Blogger Award Nominations
Now for the fun part – I get the privilege of nominating other blogs I’ve been reading.
These are bloggers whose writing encourages, challenges and inspires.
Please spend some time checking them out – you won’t be sorry!
The Holly And Ivy Mommy
This Abundant Life Blog
Beautiful In God
Casey The College Celiac
The SAHM Writer
A Moose A Fox And Chaos
Cottage In The Oaks
Set My Heart On You
His Purpose In Me
Have fun guys – I cannot wait to read 7 facts about each of you and to see who you nominate!
Thank you again, Jessie, for the nomination and encouragement. This was a gift and so much fun!